The process for determining the value of your home involves several simple but critical steps. Seller’s also need to understand that maintaining your home and your systems does not necessarily mean you have added value.
Preparing for a showing
There is some preparation for your showing that will set you up for a more successful showing. Here are a few tips:
- Open all the shades and curtains to let in light.
- Turn on enough lights so the home is well-lit. Yes, even in the middle of the day.
- Remove clutter from tables and bookshelves. Neatness makes rooms seem larger.
- Remove pets. Take them with your or keep them penned in the yard or garage.
- Put away items in the yard such as garden tools, bicycles and toys.
- Turn on gas fireplaces to create a cozy atmosphere.
- Grind up part of a lemon in the disposal to add a fresh smell to the kitchen.
- Turn on soft music on your home sound system to create a relaxed, pleasant atmosphere.
Remember, you only have one chance to make a first impression.
Want to more about all things Real Estate? Just ask!